The best side jobs are ones that match your interests and skills ― while rewarding you handsomely for your effort.
Side Jobs to Make Money
Side jobs are an awesome way earn extra income on top of your main job. As I always teach, the framework for how to make more money and create multiple flows of income is to break your day into three parts, which are:
- 9am – 5pm – Time spent on your main job
- Before 9am and after 5pm – Time for your side job / side hustle
- While you sleep – Time for earning passive money
All three of these periods should have the potential to make you money.
In my opinion, the most important of these three periods is the “side job / side hustle” time. The reason for this is that most― if not all ― of this money should be available to push into income-producing investments. This is because you can use the income from your main job for your living expenses, while keeping the income from your side job as pure profit.
This profit can then be used to purchase assets, which will pay you while you sleep for the rest of your life. Yes, the cycle really is that easy, but you’ve got to be the one to start your “flywheel” in motion.
30 Lucrative Side Jobs for 2020
Given the strategic importance of side jobs, the question becomes, which ones are worth the effort?
To help you seek out opportunities that best align with your personality, here are 30 lucrative side jobs that you can use to stack quick cash in 2020.
1. Organizational Assistant – With the wild popularity of shows like Marie Kondo’s Tidying Up, there is demand for organizational assistants who can help others to organize cabinets and de-clutter living spaces.
2. Wash or Detail Cars – If you can get your hands on bucket of water and a sponge, then you’re ready to make money. Hand out flyers or post about your services on Facebook or Craigslist. Mobile car washing can be an awesome gig if you target upscale neighborhoods.
3. Walk Dogs – Similarly, lots of people hire dog walkers. With many workers logging long hours, you can’t definitely pick up spare money this way. Best of all, it can be re-occurring income if you set up a schedule.
4. Help AirBnB Hosts – Any AirBnB Host will tell you that guests have a lot of questions and managing the calendar is simply a lot of work. Reach out to a dozen AirBnB hosts and one will definitely be willing to pay you for your help with managing listings.
5. Rent out extra space on Airbnb – If you have a room or property you don’t use, you can earn some extra cash by renting it out on Airbnb. Just make sure that you own the property (or have written permission from your landlord) to do so.
6. Offer consulting services – If you enjoy solving problems or offering advice to others, you can offer consulting services, especially to individuals who need solutions to their problems. If you don’t know where to get started, you can always offer your advice on Clarity.fm.
7. Freelance writing – Write articles for hundreds of thousands of clients who are in need of quality writing services for their websites and marketing needs.
8. Be a virtual assistant – This side job involves various responsibilities such as administrative support where you manage your employer’s emails and other business arrangements, customer service via phone or chat, and basic bookkeeping.
9. Proofreading – If you have a good command of the English language and love to write, read and edit, then this gig is for you.
10. Sell items on Etsy – Sell any of your handmade goods such as embroidered handkerchiefs for a decent price. You can even sell digital items on the platform.
11. Teach online – Use your specialized skills and knowledge to teach individuals anywhere in the world about certain topics.
12. Be a babysitter – Perfect for someone who loves kids, babysitting is all about watching and taking care of someone’s kid while they’re away for work.
13. Write an eBook – Turn your ideas into a moneymaking eBook. This can be really lucrative if you have special knowledge you want to share with others for a price.
14. Meal Prep – This side job involves helping busy working professionals and families with the constant need to prep nutritious meals. You show up at their house every few nights and help to prepare and prep some meals they can use during the week.
15. Pet Sitting – This is different from dog walking because it involves feeding and caring for pets while their owners are away. In many cases, it involves staying overnight. You can easily earn $50 to 100 per night to pet-sit animals, and the more nights you stack up, the more you’ll earn.
16. Teach music lessons – If you have a talent for music, you can use that to earn money by offering music lessons to both kids and adults near you.
17. Deliver takeout food – There are certain services like DoorDash or Postmates that allow you to earn a side income by delivering people’s food orders straight to their doorstep.
18. Sell baked goods – If you have baking skills and knowledge, you can convert them into cash by selling your baked goods. This can be a lucrative side business for various events like birthdays and parties.
19. Video Editing – Today in 2020, nearly all businesses (and personal brands) are producing video. With that said, editing video – including adding captions and titles – can be time-consuming. Thankfully, you can learn the basics of this skill in a few hours and take this task off their hands.
20. Running a gaming channel – This side income works perfectly for those who are into gaming but want to earn a side income in the process. You can work either as a video game reviewer, a beta tester, or a game streamer.
21. Affiliate marketing – Promote products and/or services of certain companies and earn a commission for every sale made using your referral link.
22. Be a photographer – With a DSLR camera and an understanding of composition and lighting, you can take photos during any event for an extra income.
23. Hold a garage sale – Start a garage sale and sell any of your unused stuff to make a decent extra income. This could include your unused clothes, overgrown toys, and any other stuff that is still in good condition.
24. Sell an online course – Share your knowledge about a certain skill for a price and earn money for every individual who subscribes to your course. Sites like Skillshare and Udemy are great platforms for this.
25. Sell T-shirts online – If you have good designing skills, you can create custom designs for T-shirts and upload them on sites like RedBubble then earn a commission for every sale made with your design.
26. Yard Work – Offer to mow lawns or do yard work. If you don’t know where to start, offer your services to your friends and family. Put a post on social media or Craigslist saying that you’ll spruce up anyone’s lawn with same-day service. You’ll be sure to get a “bite.”
27. Dog Training – Speaking from experience, people will pay big money to get their pets trained. If you already have this skill – or if you’re willing to watch YouTube videos to acquire it – then you could make big money working with Fido.
28. Edit Resumes – Many people lack the ability to assemble a compelling resume, but need a strong one to get into college or land their dream job. If you’re good at resume writing, then use LinkedIn or your personal network to launch this service. After getting a few good testimonials, your demand will skyrocket.
29. Sell Your Hair – While this many seem crazy, long hair can be sold for a serious premium. One of the easiest way to pick up cash for it is to sell it on sites like HairSellOn.
30. House Sitting – House sitting is different than pet sitting, because it doesn’t involve any living creatures. What it does entail is mail collection, property maintenance, and keeping trespassers away. The best sites for getting started are TrustedHousesitters, Nomador, HouseCarers, MindMyHouse and HouseSitMatch.
Side Jobs for Stacking Cash in 2020
Having a side job can be a powerful way to earn extra income outside of your 9-to-5. Although it will take some effort, it can be rewarding once you find the right side job to match your lifestyle.
In some cases, it might even grow to replace your main job!
Which side jobs are you going to try? Which ones are missing from this list? Let me know in the comments below.
Join 250,000+ readers who are learning Cade’s secrets, like how to budget, increase income, invest for cash flow, increase confidence, or lose 10 pounds, fast.