Today’s guest is Kelsey Jang, PMP, who is an Army Company Commander, CrossFit athlete, and rugby player. I asked her onto the show because she’s stepping into the world of real estate investing in a way that is both simple and relatable.
In this episode, I have her to share her experience with buying her first rental property (priced at $110K with 10% down), in order to provide you with a real-world example for how to get started in real estate.
As you all know, I talk about real estate a lot because I own residential rental properties, an AirBnb property, and also a variety of commercial real estate, including multi-family, industrial assets, and self storage—but I want to share her story because she’s just getting started—which is probably were a lot of you are at.
As brief background on Kelsey, she’s an elite rugby player, she’s a talented CrossFit athlete and coach, and she was commissioned into the Army as an Engineer Officer and is currently serving as the Company Commander of Bravo Company, 249th Engineer Battalion at Fort Bragg, NC.
She has a Civil Engineering degree from West Point and a Master’s degree in Engineering Management from the University of Louisville.
She also completed Sapper School and has her Sapper tab. You’re going to learn a ton from her in the episode below, especially if you’re looking to become a real estate investor and don’t know where to start.
- The Essential Guide to Buying a Home With a VA Loan
- How Much Money Do You Need to Invest in Real Estate?
- BAH = Basic Housing Allowance
- Cash-Out Refinance = Replacing your existing mortgage with one that allows you to withdraw equity from a property that you own.
- VA Loan = A loan program allowing past and present military service members to buy a house with no money down, using a loan is backed by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
What questions do you have about getting started in real estate? Ask them in comments below.
Tell Us What You Think!