Recently I was asked, “Why does money seem like it’s in scarce supply when I see it everywhere?”
This is a profoundly powerful question, because most of us were taught at some point that money is scarce. Maybe it was your parents who said it, or maybe it was a teacher, coworker, relative, neighbor or friend.
Perhaps you’ve heard it from a lot of different people, who probably all had a lack of money in their life.
Regardless of who bestowed you with this money mindset, it was a load of bullsh*t, and if you’re not yet where you want to be today, it may be holding you back.
So, what was my answer? Simple, read on to find out….
Shifting Your Money Mindset
First, this is an incredible question, and I’m glad you’re paying attention to what you’re seeing around you that seems to contradict what you’re being told.
You are correct that millions of people on this planet have the false idea that there’s a money shortage or that other people making more money means they will get less.
That’s a competitive, scarcity mindset, and it is completely false. The truth of the matter is, there’s more than enough money to go around.
Did you know that there’s enough money circulating on this planet for every human being to have a net worth of $1 billion?
One billion dollars! Whoa, right?
$1 billion is 1,000,000,000. You could control that much money without affecting one other person.
If you want to further reinforce this reality of abundance, start by exploring this article because it has a single chart showing all the money in the world.
Then, for step two, start noticing the incredible value of everything around you, including all of the world’s…
- all mortgages
- all loans
- all stocks composing every stock market exchange
- the entire cryptocurrency market (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.)
- all precious metals in existence (gold, silver, platinum, palladium, etc.)
- the entire bond market
- every piece of real estate on the planet across 195 countries
- all money in circulation across 180 different currencies
- …and the list goes on and on and on…
Plus, in the United States, our Fractional Reserve System lets banks lend out the same single dollar up to nine times, so money can literally multiply itself.
Put simply, the Fractional Reserve System is how banks can accept money (“deposits”) from customers and simultaneously make loans to borrowers while holding in reserve an amount equal to only a fraction of the bank’s deposit liabilities.
It’s totally mind-blowing and once you learn about it, you’ll never think of money the same again. It literally allows banks to multiply money.
Then, there’s the fact that the U.S. government can create new money by adding digits within a computer system or printing it on a printing press.
For example, during the COVID pandemic in the U.S. alone, approximately $3.5 trillion was issued across four stimulus packages—and that number is still on the rise. Yes, that number has twelve (yes, twelve!) zeros ($3,500,000,000,000). Shocking but true.
Reinforce Your Mindset with Money Affirmations
There is so much abundance in this world!
Please don’t ever let sometime tell you that we live in a world of scarcity. The math (and physical world around you) don’t lie.
If you need help reinforcing your new beliefs, here are 12 affirmations that I use personally that can help to shift your money mindset, immediately:
- Money flows to me in avalanches of abundance.
- I am rich in all areas of life.
- Money making opportunities always come my way.
- I welcome unlimited wealth into my life.
- It is easy for me to multiply money.
- I am gifted with tremendous talents.
- What I don’t already know, I can easily learn.
- I enjoy creating wealth.
- I create tremendous value in the world and reap the rewards.
- My career is rewarding financially and personally.
- My actions create prosperity.
- My success is inevitable.
Join a million other readers who are learning Cade’s secrets, like how to increase income, invest for cash flow, boost confidence, or shed 10 pounds, fast.